Friday, April 21, 2006

Again a fainting passenger in my train.

This morning, for the second time in two weeks, a passenger in my nearest vicinity in the commuter train to Leiden lost consciousness and collapsed like a kitchen towel. It was an awful sight as the eyes of the man (55-60 years old I guess) turned upward. I immediately thought: heart attack! His wife next to him panicked. The passengers around him immediately warned the train machinist, who called for help, and 1-1-2 was dialed, too. Fortunately, I was wrong. The man woke up soon, to the relief of the people around. It’s been hot in the hall where we’ve been standing, probably one of the causes of the incident. The fact that I was around hasn’t anything to do with it, I still think. But it’s enough. I hope people will fail to faint from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment