Monday, March 12, 2007

Dutch Robert Swan

"I'm 29 years old." Odd to say, have to get used to it. It's like getting used to writing "2007" instead of "2006" after New Year's Eve. It was my birthday last Saturday. A beautiful sunny day, which I spent mostly on baking muffins and pie to share at the office today. In the evening I visited the cabaret show by the group NUHR in Delft with some of my former house mates. It was an intriguing show. The climate change debate appeared to have reached the theatres. It's all around now, the momentum is unprecedented. The recent swift agreements on CO2 mitigation goals in the European council raise my hope the momentum is fixed in conditions for the market. On Sunday, after another round of muffin baking, me and Merijn visited an event in 'De Balie' in Amsterdam (http://www.debalie.nl/agenda.jsp?yearmonth=2007-3&kalenderdag=1173567600). It was about climate change and the International Polar Year. Interesting speakers, like Marc Cornelissen, a Dutch version of Robert Swan. He walked to both poles too, and now commits to educate ambassadors for the climate change issue. Somehow the meeting didn't quite catch me. I wonder why. Maybe, because it was just incrowd tales and no debate. Because of the beautiful weather the audience was small, although the event was streamed on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment