Sunday, March 26, 2006

36:18

I'm tired. This first spring weathered weekend's been a physically challenging one: the 10km race in the City-Pier-City event in Den Haag on Saturday*, a wedding in the extreme East of the country that same evening from which Merijn and I returned only at 3:15 am this morning, but since the clock switched to summer time this night, it was 4:15 already, and then the last long run (37km) in preparation for the Rotterdam marathon at 11 am this morning.
The 10km race on Saturday went quite alright. Here's the result:
And here you can find photos:
www.aktiefoto.nl (enter my number as search query: 2140).
I finished 14th in 36:18, which, considering the non-specific preparation and the sub-37' split time in my best half-marathon race, shall be improved in the future.
The long run today, in the windy dunes around Zandvoort, didn't result in any frightening pains, which I'm very happy with. The weekend was a good test; I look forward to Rotterdam with increased confidence.
Tomorrow I have to go to Hamburg again for work, for the last time in this project: organizethe files, hand over the deliverables, select a new, caring host for the plant in our office. My legs hurt, my eyes are heavy, my head starts acheing; it's time for recovery, let's go sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment